A journal of political, social, and other important, possibly even somewhat related affairs, including but not limited to: Central European Society, The European Union, HC Kometa Brno, American Politics, Film, and Beer.

25 October 2007

Here is the reason....

I can no longer offer support to Rudy Giuliani .
Sure, he may be "America's Mayor," a reliable, determined man, a natural-born leader, a stalwart supporter on the War on Terror, and a great patriot.  He is intelligent, admits his mistakes, and takes responsibility for them.  Oh sure, I am not always on the same page with him about certain things, but I respect his views on most issues.

But not this one.  This is one of those non-negotiable situations where I must hold firm to my principles.  There are things that a man believes in that are inherent parts of his very existence -- dyed in the wool as it were. 

How could this seemingly rational man, with his meticulous nature, make such an irrational decision? Is he doing this just to move in on Romney's territory?  Is he planning for the general election?  And if he is, why has he not adopted the well-crafted, triangulated, dispassionate approach Hillary Clinton has, and remained above the fray?

This may cost him a state that has trended bluer and bluer over the last couple elections -- one could truly say that at this time it could be described as neither red nor blue, but purple.

And Colorado has never been more purple than it is this October.

2 Comments:

Blogger Slave to the dogs said...

I'm from Colorado. It'll be an interesting race here. I think our Dems will go for Hillary but I'm not sure our Repubs like Rudy.

17:28

 
Blogger Professor Starobrno said...

Yeah, but do you think that Colorado Dems will go for Barack Obama? I look at the polls, and I think Democrats in Iowa are just looking for any reason NOT to nominate her. If Obama can continue not making too many mistakes, he can get that nomination I think.
Thanks for checking out the blog - it's always nice to get a fellow Coloradans take!

19:34

 

Post a Comment

<< Home